Page 225 of 550 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 8245
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    83 Midnighter 1* $2.99 DC 32,200

Midnighter didn't get the strong start I was hoping. The series really is quality too which is depressing.
    32,000 isn't bad considering it's probably a "gay book" to a lot of readers. Batwoman started off at about 45,000 but those numbers dropped whenever JHW wasn't on art and then tanked when he got pushed off the book. And Kevin Keller being an Archie title did like 7,000

We'll have to see how it maintains.

Very sad to hear the wonderful actor Roger Rees has died. I loved him as Lord John Marbury in the West Wing. He's a famous theatre actor, and also starred in Cheers, Elementary, the Prestige and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. He won a Tony and Olivier Award for creating the title role in the original production of David Edgar's stage adaptation of Dicken's The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby. He lived in New York City with husband, playwright Rick Elice, whom he had been in a relationship with since 1982.

Rees with Sir Ian McKellan in Waiting for Godot
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-11-2015 at 04:21 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

It was just announced the young avengers are in Lego marvel superheroes 2. I hope they're playable although almost every character is in a Lego game

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It was just announced the young avengers are in Lego marvel superheroes 2. I hope they're playable although almost every character is in a Lego game
    That's awesome to hear. Although I'm still pissed that Rogue wasn't in the first LEGO Marvel Superheroes game.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I'm finally going to get to play Wiccan!!!! I hope Doctor Voodoo is in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Nasty bunch of bigoted [BEEP]! Physically assaulting two strangers in public, surrounded by people. Scum!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Yeah you can see why Russia is so *****d.

It's funny to think not too long ago even western societies did that all the time. And in some places still do,

Yeah brother voodoo would be awesome.

I do not like Andy Cohen.

So a couple days ago actress/activist Amadala Stenberg called out Kyle Jenner for posting a photo of herself in cornrows with the ebonics style caption "I woke up like disss" as culture appropriation. Amandala has previously stated she thought it would be nice if people cared about black people as much as they cared about black culture. I've felt similarly that there are people happy to use gay wedding coordinators and decorators without wanting us to have rights, so I get what she means.

But Andy Cohen then calls that feud, or Stenbeg herself, as his "jackhole of the day". She's like 17 and he's a grown ass man. And then just to pile on the disappointment- Laverne Cox was there and did't really come after Cohen, she just said that Bo Derek wore cornrows so it was fine. It's not even really about the hairstyle it's everything else the K Klan does with black people as props and that's one part of it.
    http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_gra...opriation.html

I've always disliked how Cohen took over Bravo and most of the LGBT programming disappeared and was replaced by "Housewives Who Hate Each Other"

What are the chances they will reference Hulkling in the Lego game. You know... I'm actually quietly optimistic he will get a nod.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

So, when you think of naked protests, you think, well, okay, it must be a charity thing. Or to make the argument that clothes are restrictive, we should be more liberal and show that it is a natural body that you are born with and doesn't need to be sexualised.

Meanwhile in Nigeria, the liberation of nudity is an anatomy lesson.

From prostitutes.

Because apparently, only round pegs can go into round holes. Men and women are perfectly compatible, apparently.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/07/14...g-kenya-visit/

Someone needs to go to them and be like "hey, y'know, even straight couples can have trouble having sex. Don't blame the gays especially when, y'know, romance is based around more than just sexuality."

If it was just a bunch of couples gathered together kissing, sure there'd be homophobes but at least it would be somewhat sweet. This? I can just imagine the pilot turning into land, looking down to the runway and being like "WTF", then Obama turns around and looks through the window and is like "WTF."
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Because apparently, only round pegs can go into round holes. Men and women are perfectly compatible, apparently.
    Men have holes and women have fingers. So there argument doesn't hold up

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I do not like Andy Cohen.

So a couple days ago actress/activist Amadala Stenberg called out Kyle Jenner for posting a photo of herself in cornrows with the ebonics style caption "I woke up like disss" as culture appropriation. Amandala has previously stated she thought it would be nice if people cared about black people as much as they cared about black culture. I've felt similarly that there are people happy to use gay wedding coordinators and decorators without wanting us to have rights, so I get what she means.

But Andy Cohen then calls that feud, or Stenbeg herself, as his "jackhole of the day". She's like 17 and he's a grown ass man. And then just to pile on the disappointment- Laverne Cox was there and did't really come after Cohen, she just said that Bo Derek wore cornrows so it was fine. It's not even really about the hairstyle it's everything else the K Klan does with black people as props and that's one part of it.
    http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_gra...opriation.html

I've always disliked how Cohen took over Bravo and most of the LGBT programming disappeared and was replaced by "Housewives Who Hate Each Other"
    Good for Amandla Stenberg. At sixteen she's already shaping up into an activist to be reckoned with. I know a lot of people within the Wicked + The Divine fandom are hoping she plays Laura Wilson in that comic's TV adaptation.

BTW, here's a very good video that helped me understand more about cultural appropriation.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Thumbs up

If it was just a bunch of couples gathered together kissing, sure there'd be homophobes but at least it would be somewhat sweet. This? I can just imagine the pilot turning into land, looking down to the runway and being like "WTF", then Obama turns around and looks through the window and is like "WTF."
    This upset me. It's 2015; and while I don't approve of PDA (though to be fair this was a photoshoot); NO STR8 COUPLE would ever be officially asked to stop. Nor would the excuse "there are children around" be brought up. F*cking bigots!!!

Lesbian couple told to stop kissing at Cardiff festival
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-festival.html

A lesbian couple was told to stop kissing in public by a security guard at a festival because it was "obscene" and "disgusting". Mog Wilde and Freya Dansie, both 35, were "shocked and upset" over complaints about their display of affection at a food festival. The couple, who have been together for two years, were visiting Cardiff's Food Festival for Miss Dansie's birthday when they began dancing and kissing.

Miss Wilde, a performance artist, said: "We were dancing to the live music and I kissed Freya because she looked so beautiful and it was her birthday. "Then security came up to us and said it was disgusting, and to stop because there were children around. But this was a public place and we were not doing anything wrong. This was so upsetting. I'm sure if it was a husband and wife kissing then nothing would be said. But I am made of tough stuff, and I'm just glad that it didn't happen to more quiet and sensitive girls. Growing up, I encountered a lot of prejudicial behaviour, but I left that behind. So I was shocked to encounter something like this again."

How disappointing. And in Cardiff too which when I went there seemed very modern.

By the way, who recommended wicked and the divine to me? We have to read it for our lgbtiq book club and now that I'm reading it in trade I love it a lot more! Can't wait to get the second one!

By the way, who recommended wicked and the divine to me? We have to read it for our lgbtiq book club and now that I'm reading it in trade I love it a lot more! Can't wait to get the second one!
    Based on his avatar AND because he recommended it to me; I'm guessing Time Like Lightning. Such a good comic, so fun and original. The covers are GLORIOUS!